We're excited that you're interested in joining our Bachelor of Science in Nursing – RN to BSN Online Degree Completion Program.
Applications are accepted at any time during the year. Cohorts for the RN to BSN online degree completion program start in January, March, June, August and October of each year. However, all required materials must be received by the dates listed below.
|Semester||Required Materials Due Date||Class Start Date|
|Summer 2021||June 7, 2021||June 14, 2021|
|Fall A 2021||August 13, 2021||August 23, 2021|
To be accepted to UIC’s RN to BSN program, you must have an overall transferable GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Individuals with a current RN license issued in the U.S. or who are waiting to sit for the NCLEX exam may apply for the program. Proof of passing NCLEX must be provided before the start of the program’s third course.
A UIC application needs completed along with paying a $60 non-refundable fee at the time of application. The fee must be paid via credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express are all accepted).
COVID-19 Impacts to Sending Transcripts
- As of March 21, the Student Services Building is closed to the public. The Office of Admissions recommends sending official transcripts by electronic mail or using upload services where available. The Office of Admissions does not have access to postal mail at this time, but will upon return to the office.
- If you are unable to secure electronic transcripts and have requested official documents to be sent to UIC by mail, you can upload unofficial copies of your transcripts to your application status portal. If you are offered admission, the Office of Admissions will require official transcripts prior to enrollment.
- Undergraduate application status portal (login required)
Official transcripts are required from all prior colleges and universities attended. Transcripts are considered official if they meet one of the following criteria:
- The issuing institution sends transcripts in a sealed envelope, directly to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions, MC 018
University of Illinois at Chicago
Suite 1100 Student Services Building
1200 West Harrison Street
Chicago, Illinois 60607-7161
- The transcripts are received in the UIC database, electronically, from one of the following services: Parchment, Naviance, Escrip-Safe, or The National Student Clearinghouse.
- The transcripts are certified as true copies by an official of the educational institution, an embassy official or an appropriate government official if they are sent by the issuing institution and received by UIC in a sealed, unopened envelope.
You can receive a free transcript evaluation whether or not you have your official transcripts. Learn more about the benefits of a transcript evaluation before you complete an application.