- No events
Prospective applicants are required to submit the following in order to be considered for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing – RN to BSN Online Degree Completion Program:
- Completed UIC Application and $60 Fee (non-refundable).
- Fee must be paid at the time of application via credit card only.
- MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express are accepted.
- Official transcripts from all prior colleges and universities attended, including prior attendance at any campus of the University of Illinois at Chicago
- An international credential evaluation fee of $30 (assessed to any applicant presenting coursework taken outside the United States). The evaluation fee must be paid after submission of the application.
- Overall transferrable GPA of 2.75, as well as a natural science transferrable GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- TOEFL Scores (international students)
- Current RN license issued in the U.S. (must be obtained prior to enrolling in the program)
Transcripts are considered official if they meet one of the following criteria:
- The issuing institution sends the transcripts directly to University of Illinois at Chicago Online, 1333 South Halsted, Suite 205, Chicago, IL, 60607-5019; or
- The transcripts are certified as true copies by an official of the educational institution, an embassy official or an appropriate government official; and
- The transcripts sent by the issuing institution are received by UIC in a sealed, unopened envelope.
Applications are accepted at any time during the year. Cohorts for the RN to BSN online degree completion program start in January and August of each year.
|Spring 2017||January 9, 2017|
|Fall 2017||August 28, 2017|
IMPORTANT: We recommend that your application and all required materials be received at least three weeks prior to the intended start of the program.
NOTE: Our prerequisite requirements for chemistry have changed. See the Prerequisite Requirements chart below for specific course requirements.
Most students who apply to the RN to BSN online degree completion program have already satisfied some or all of the needed prerequisites as part of their Associate’s Degree in Nursing (ADN) or with other college-level coursework they have taken. On average, most of our students only need to take four to six courses beyond their ADN and/or RN licensure in order to complete the prerequisites and apply for our program. UIC offers provisional admission to qualified students which guarantees them a spot in a future cohort once the prerequisites and any other admission requirements are satisfied.
The RN to BSN online program is a bachelor’s degree completion program. Students must complete the education requirements listed below prior to enrollment in the program.
The University of Illinois at Chicago has partnered with Parkland College in Champaign, Illinois, to offer the prerequisites listed below as online courses for students interested in working toward the admission requirements for the RN to BSN online degree completion program. Students may also complete these prerequisites at their local community colleges.
Students must complete the following requirements (57 transferable credit hours) prior to enrollment in the RN to BSN online degree completion program:
|Specific Course Requirements||Semester Hours|
|English Composition I & II||6|
|Life Span Human Growth and Development||3|
|General Education Requirements||Semester Hours|
|Understanding the Individual & Society||3|
|Understanding the Past||3|
|Understanding the Creative Arts||3|
|Exploring World Cultures||3|
|Understanding U.S. Society||3|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences Electives||13-14
Depending on your prior
In order to be awarded the bachelor’s degree, you must complete an upper division liberal arts course prior to finishing the RN-BSN degree completion program. This course must transfer to UIC as a 200-level course or above and is typically satisfied by either the Microbiology or Life Span Human Growth and Development course.